The Quick Search Best Practice Method:
Identity Verification/Address History
The first step in any background screening process is to confirm that the personal information provided on the application belongs to the person applying for the job. This search is typically performed by a Social Security Validation. This validation also provides a list of present and past residential addresses that are used to auto‐populate the county searches.
The second step is to perform the required searches. This can include:
- County Criminal Court Record History
- Federal District Court Record History
- State Sex Offender Registries
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Credit Reports
- Civil Courts Record History
- Industry Specific Record History ie. Doctors, Lawyers, Teachers, Stock Brokers, etc.
- Regulatory Sanctions and Terrorist / Excluded Parties List
- International criminal court record history
The third step involves verifying the experience and qualifications that are presented by the applicant.
This can include:
- Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- License Verification
- Personal and Professional Reference Checks
- Military History – DD Form 214 Review
Position Level Packaging
An employer needs to use pre‐employment background screening consistently, however a single approach to all positions typically is not appropriate. Quick Search can assemble cost effective service packages that will meet your company’s diverse requirements. To get started, please contact us.